Saturday, October 8, 2011

Motivation!

Or maybe the title should be "Lack of Motivation!"

When I have time to myself and nothing that I HAVE to do, I sometimes have a hard time deciding what to do.

I certainly have a long list of things I could do, but there are times that none of them call to me.  There is sewing I could do.  Creating is fun, but what I really like is mending or making something over from what it was originally.  Change the sleeves on a blouse, tailor a pair of pants to fit better, etc.

Cooking is always on the list!  I LOVE to cook, but sometimes I am just not in the mood to cut, chop, saute or roast.

Cleaning house.  Now there is something I am not overly fond of, but when I can step back from a task completed I like what I see and how I feel!

Gardening - well, since I never started this year it is probably not calling to me very loudly.  Although I do like weeding and pruning.  It is rather like cleaning and the same "sense of accomplishment" feeling.

This doesn't happen often that I am at a loss for what to do.  Right now I think my choices are more centered on the idea that my sweet husband is working nights and I really want him to get uninterrupted sleep.  I know how I feel if I don't sleep well, so my actions are guided by "What is the most quiet thing I can do that I WANT to do. 

The little voice in the back of my head says reading or watching TV are choices, too.  I could do those things, but I want to doing something that involves movement!  Hmm, now there is an idea!  MP3 player on my belt, music in my ears and dancing!  Yes, that is it! 

I could tell you that was none of the original choices, but then I wouldn't be dancing! 

la la la, cha, cha, cha!

The Hopeful Romantic 

No comments:

Post a Comment