Thursday, December 15, 2011

An Off Day

I have a new favorite website - Pinterest.com!

So fun and such a potential for spending far too much time cruising through the photo, ideas, recipes, etc.  For this site it is a must to watch the clock so I don't get carried away and forget to do anything else!

There was a saying I saw there yesterday that could apply to my today.  "You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day."  Yup, that was me today...all day. 

It was my day off (from my paid job) and I had a list a mile long.  OK, not really a mile long, but long enough I really needed to make a serious dent in it.  Baking, decorating for Christmas, shopping, wrapping presents...you get the idea.

Problem was I was also trying hard to recover from whatever has crawled into my bod and kept me under the weather for the better part of a week.  Why do we say 'better part of the week'?  It most certainly was NOT the better part of my week.  Oh well, another thought for another time.

So the moment of knowing that nothing more productive was going to get done came early, very early.  Right after I crawled out of bed.  I felt cruddy and one look in the bathroom mirror confirmed I looked cruddy too.  Yuck!

So the list was set aside and replaced by a cozy comforter, a hot cup of tea and the TV remote.

Good thing it is almost tomorrow!

The Hopeful Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment