Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ack! Where does the time go???

For anybody reading this (besides me!) you have probably noticed I have been gone.  Well, not really gone, but gone from here...this place I record my thoughts, musings, memories, etc.  Life has been busy, but then when is it not?! 

So, I am here, for now and this is what is happening with me and mine.

My oldest is almost ready to graduate from college and I should be cleaning the house for all the people who will be here sooner than I will be ready for.  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed!  I start something, find an item that belongs somewhere else in the house, go to put that item away and...hours later I have done a lot, but not what I set out to do!  Ack!  Again!

Less than a month after she graduates, my oldest, my first baby, one of my darling girls will be moving away.  Wow!  I am excited for her and somewhat sad for me.  I remember when I first moved out on my own...all the new things to do and learn, some scary, but mostly just exciting.  You may have caught that I said "moving away".  She is not just leaving home, she is "moving away".  That is the hard part.  Not in the same city, not in the same county, not in the same state!  She is following her dream and that will take her many states away.  Again, excited for her, rather sad for me.  Ok, let's not dwell on that!

So, this Spring, besides planting flowers, readying my garden for veggies and cleaning all the cobwebs out of the corners, I will be helping this child of mine pack up her belongings (Most of them anyway!  How many moms out there have a couple of boxes, at least, tucked away from a child no longer living under your roof?) and driving with her to sunnier climes.  <sigh>

Again...let's not dwell on that!  Too many things to accomplish before then!

Wish us both luck!

The Hopeful Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment