Saturday, May 26, 2012

11 years ago

My wedding shoes!
11 years ago today I put on a beautiful wedding gown, some fun red shoes and walked down the aisle to my beloved.  I remember I was so excited to see him!  All I really wanted to do at that moment was give him a big hug, grab his hand and walk out of the chapel.  So much hoopla leading up to the event and I was just ready to be married.  The moment passed and we proceeded with the ceremony. 

As in most marriages, there have been good and bad times.  Neither of us were youngsters and maybe a bit set in our ways.  There was a learning curve to be sure!  I had been married before and was nervous to not repeat whatever had added to the end of that union.  He was a life long bachelor.  Need I say more? 

The best thing I can say about our marriage is that we have fun.  We laugh...a lot!  Mostly at ourselves and each other.  We seem to find humor is the most mundane of things.  I love that I go around with a somewhat silly grin on my face when he is near.

We went out to eat tonight to celebrate these past 11 years.  Our server at the restaurant politely asked if we had plans for this holiday weekend.  I told him, "Just spending time with each other."  Yup, sounds like a plan to me.  I am prepared to go back to work on Tuesday with sore smile muscles from that silly grin.  That sounds like a plan, too!

The Hopeful Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment