Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Why I Like Tuesday Afternoons


 

 
 

Do you think it is funny to like Tuesday afternoons?  Afterall, the coming weekend is no where close and the past weekend has been buffered by Monday.  Yet, I like Tuesday afternoons!  Here's why...

  1. I generally only work in the morning on Tuesdays.
  2. I usually go out to lunch with Chris, co-worker and friend!  It is a tradition we started a few years back.  Really, this should be reason #1!
  3. I can do an errand or two and feel I have accomplished something on a "work day."
  4. My couch often calls to me for a nap.  I am a champion napper...20 minutes and I am good to go for the rest of the day, refreshed and recharged.
  5. Even if I choose to do some errands there is almost always time to do something fun.
Ok, the list could go on and on, but you get the idea. 

Today all of the above came into play.  Got off early...lunch with Chris...went to the bank and picked up a few things from the speciality grocery store (two errands!)...I heeded the call of my couch for a wee nap...then time for fun.

Today the aforementioned fun was time in the yard.  Now, yardwork can certainly be a chore, but today was an almost perfect day to be out getting the yard in shape.  It is Spring, or so I have heard, but it was coolish today.  Cool enough that I didn't get overheated in my jeans and sweatshirt.  Cool enough to want to stay outside and do yardwork. 

I pulled some weeds, moved a few plants that I thought might do better with more or less sun, picked up twigs and, rather sadly, decided it was time to deadhead the tulips.  My tulips bloom earlier than some of my neighbors, but then the fade earlier, too.  From a distance their color still brightened that corner of the flower bed, but upon closer inspection it was obvious they were past their bloom. 

After I loped the heads off of the bedraggled tulips, there just weren't enough to do the flower bed justice.  So the last dozen or so also felt the blades of my clippers.  But, those lucky blooms are resting in a vase and are all ready to go the work with my tomorrow. 

Tippy and the end of the tulips.
So as I head in to "hump day" I will bring a bit of Tuesday afternoon with me. 

The Hopeful Romantic


No comments:

Post a Comment